Saving Our Sisters
Mission In Motion
Our goal is to provide a Christian ministry of fellowship and fun for Bethel members ages 55 and older through informative, interesting and entertaining programs each month.
- Wendy Hicks-Powers: MIM Coordinator
- Michelle Peterson: MIM Secretary
- Barbara Little: Shopping Trips Coordinator
Meeting time is the fourth Saturday of the month at 10:00 am in the Fellowship Hall, January through October, as well as a special Christmas celebration in December. We also have shopping trips that are announced in the Bulletin.
President : Leesa Kellam-Sheppard
1st VP – Connie Fleming
2nd VP – Sharon Drew
3rd VP – Linda Payne
Treasurer: Juliette Tabron
Worship Leader – Sherry Rose
Secretary – Sharon Davis
Historiographer – Barbara Smith-Little
Promotion & Missionary Education Director (PME)- Cecelia Sanders
Parliamentarian – Karen Bostick
At-Large – PierAngeli Bronson , Carole Bullock & Helen Scott
Advisor- Renee P. Beaman
Mission, Vision, Who Are We?
As the Women’s representational entity of the AMEC nationally and worldwide, the Women’s Missionary Society (WMS) has a record of 131 years of service committed to winning souls to Christ, health, economic, peace and justice issues. It is an international body with over 800,000 members. The WMS functions on various levels: and Connectional, District (we are the 1st District), Conference (we are the Delaware Conference) Area (we are the Wilmington Area) and Local (we are the Florida Grant WMS).
- We welcome women of all ages. (26 years and older)
- We are a non-governmental organization working with the United Nations to address issues impacting women and children worldwide.
- We are a giving group; sharing with people wherever there is a need whether locally and or around the world.
- We provide scholarships.
- We are sojourners traveling through the state, region, and the world providing aid and comfort.
- We study to show ourselves approved using the Bible as our guide.
- We seek, soothe, and savor in winning souls for Christ.
- We are called to strengthen our faith and to continue in the ministry of Jesus Christ by service and witness in the world. This is our WMS Mission
- We invite you to journey with us and join the Florida Grant WMS. Your faithfulness, service and active participation will allow us to continue to grow in our work of missions.
1st Thursday of every month in the Anna B. Holland Fellowship Hall
- Meet & Greet - 6:00pm- 6:25 pm. Business Meeting - 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm.
Purchased uniforms (2 each per student) for 60+ Bancroft, Pulaski and Stubbs Elementary students
- In December, we will support the same population by providing brand new coats.
Support one outreach project per month by donating clothing & personal items:
- June 2017 –new undergarments for Sunday Breakfast Mission residents
- September 2017– Student Uniform Drive
- October 2017 –Socks for St. Patrick’s Center day residents
- November 2017 –Feminine hygiene products to donate to a Women’s Shelter
- December – Toy collection for the A. I. DuPont Hospital for Children
Some of our Other Outreach Ministries:
- Food Baskets – for Community and Homebound
- Today’s See Tomorrow’s Hope - An Ministry in Uganda led by Rev. J.B. Reading
- Adopt a Family - Adopted 2 families per year (purchase of food, household items, and birthday gifts for children).
- Project Angel Tree (reaches out to the children of prisoners and their families, helping to meet their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs through Christ).
- AIDS Task Force/ Beautiful Gate Outreach Center support for those living with HIV/AIDS through the AIDS Task Force (ATF)
- Visitation & Bereavement – We visit the informed and those suffering the loss of a love one.
Dates to Remember:
- Thursday, October 5, 2017 - –Monthly Meeting –Emergency Preparedness Workshop
- Saturday, October 7, 2017 – Annual Red, White, & Blue Fall Luncheon – Fellowship Hall – Connie Fleming – Chair “ Theme – “Ministry Beyond the White”
- Sunday, October 15, 2017 – Florida Grant Women’s Missionary Society Annual Day
- Saturday, October 28, 2017 - Delaware Conference WMS Fall Luncheon – Bethel AME Church, Milford
- Thursday, November 2, 2017 - Monthly Meeting
- Saturday, December 2, 2017 - Project Angel Tree – Fellowship Hall – Time- TBD
- Thursday, December 7, 2017 - Monthly Meeting (Christmas Social)
- Sunday, December 24, 2017 - WMS Annual Christmas Eve Candlelight Service - 7:00 pm (Bethel)