God Focused, Christ Centered, Spirit Led
- On March 5, 1937 the newly constructed Bethel AME Church, shown above on the right, was dedicated.
- On January 1, 1935 a fire destroyed Bethel, leading to the congregation raising funds to erect a new church.
- In 1865, the congregation purchased Zion Evangelical German Lutheran Church at 6th and Walnut streets, site of the current church.
- In September 1853, the congregation relocated from 12th and Elizabeth to 6th and Penn streets.