FACTOIDS ABOUT BETHEL'S HISTORY
- On March 5, 1937 the newly constructed Bethel A.M.E. Church, shown above on the right, was dedicated.
- On January 1, 1935 a fire destroyed Bethel, leading to the congregation raising funds to erect a new church.
- In 1865, the congregation purchased the Zion Evangelical German Lutheran Church at 6th and Walnut Streets, site of the current church
- In September 1853, the congregation relocated from 12th & Elizabeth to 6th & Penn Streets.